Saturday, June 13, 2009

Yesterday was my first official sick day.  We were scheduled to go to Jose Antonio's house at 2 pm to meet up with some other archaeologists.  Jose Antonio really believes the two subadults from a bundle were sacrificed, but they clearly weren't.  He thought that someone broke their necks, however, they have no evidence on the skeleton that this occurred, and it would be difficult for that to leave any evidence on subadult bones anyways. Also, one of them had TB which he hadn't noticed until our analysis. But I digress....  I was excited to hang out with the other archaeologists from the states to see what they thought of the skeletons.  At around 1 pm I started vomiting a lot and I had cramps, so unfortunately I had to stay home and miss the excitement! (The archaeologists agreed with us, and said that the subadults were not sacrificed). I stayed in bed all day and watched DVDs on Reggie's computer in my bed.  Today I feel fine, just a little crampy and weak.  I am drinking some special Peruvian electrolyte drink today that tastes kind of gross, but I am feeling so much better because of it.
I talked to roommate on the phone today!! I am so happy that I got to hear her sweet voice.  I cried a little when we first said Hi, but when she told me that she saw Heidi I started bawling!  I am really missing everyone in Wyoming.  I love you all so much and can't wait to see you in two weeks!!!
The other day the sun was shining so we went to a bar called Mangos and had drinks on the balcony looking over the ocean.  It was really nice. Every day here is so dark and dreary, so it lifted our spirits to be out in the sunlight.
Our maid is coming in about twenty minutes to clean the house.. Yep, our maid.  I told The Murph. that I love to clean and would gladly do it weekly for free as a fun activity but she said no.  It is the norm for people to have maids and gardeners here.  
I love and miss you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. hey sweetie, dad has been trying to post a comment, he can read your posts but unable to comment. sorry that you were sick, and missed the BONE day. heidi was happy to see emily :>)) i'm going to cut this short and see if i can still comment from my computer. there was a big storm last night. loeya mom !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning sweetie, great to talk to you this weekend!! can't wait until you get home, we have started the countdown !! dad and i got a lot done this weekend, getting ready to have the house painted. saw diego for a few minutes, he looked really good. marilyn(who has diego) brought him out and went riding with ruth. dad and i were tearing off the overhang over the garage. we took a break and visited with diego. today no rain forecast and everything is very very green. hope it stays that way until you get home. it would be a nice welcome home after the dreary weather there. i wish i could think of something exciting to tell you , but today is just pretty mellow. the most exciting thing happening is sara coming home in 2 weeks !!! love ya!! mom

    ReplyDelete