Monday, June 8, 2009

BONES!

Go Diego!! Glad to hear he is a pony express horse now!
We got up early this morning and ran a few errands. Then we went to Jose Antonio's family house to study some Incan skeletons. He does not have a laboratory, which made the full inventory a little difficult, but we set up an outside lab to the best of our abilities. The house is gorgeous, and our "lab" was basically in an early twentieth century porch...you should have seen the peoples' eyes as they walked past and saw skeletons on a fancy dining table outside!
One skeleton was an elderly woman, and the second one was a subadult (WITH HAIR! MWAHAHA). The dentition of the subadult was incredibly difficult, as deciduous teeth and permanent teeth were present! It was way cool though...I will tell you more about the skeletons later.
I dropped off my laundry at a lavandaria, where they wash and fold it overnight tonight, and I will pick it up in the morning. Pretty cool!
I have also become addicted to a candy called Sublime, which is basically a Mr. Goodbar only twice as thick, and three times as cheap. :)
Mafe's best friend Valeria is coming over in a few minutes, and I think we are going to make zucchini and fresh tomato pasta for dinner. Girls night!! ( I have been told by The Murph about ten times now that every night is a girl's night...I am still excited beyond words) :)
One more quick story: I woke up in the middle of the night to Reggie holding my left arm straight up in the air and snoring. She must have been dreaming, but it was super funny nonetheless!!
Tomorrow I will see two more Incan skeletons!!! And maybe even take a shower...we will see!
I love you! Give Heidi a big squishy hug for me! (but not too squishy, she is frail.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey room:) I am so glad every night is a girls night those are sure the best kind of night. Thats exciting you are to look at the bones now. You are such a bone gal:) That candy sounds awesome!! you should bring some back! I love reading your posts on this here blog its so nice to hear what my room is doing. I was very sad I missed your call on saturday I squirted a few when I heard your message:( hope we can chat soon:) Everything is pretty normal here in laramie but I miss you so much! Well better get back to spanish class (woo woo:) but have a great day dear sweet!! love

    roommate:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning sweetie, glad you finally got to see some bones!! what a great adventure !!! dad got home last night and the weather is still rainy and wretched. everything is a muddy mess. gave heidi a warm bath yesterday, had to bring an extra pillow to our bed. she was taking over mine completely :>)) will have to cut this short, the guys are here to install the new garage doors !!! will get back to you later. love ya !! mom

    ReplyDelete