Thursday, June 4, 2009

Phone!

Well, today Reggie and I bought a phone for 79 sol., which is really, really cheap.  Since I was incredibly excited about being able to talk to you guys I bought a calling card for 40 sol., thinking this would last an hour or so.  I spoke for about 5 minutes total and that was the end of my card.  I guess minutes go quicker if you call the states.  I am going to invest in a calling card which I can use from our landline here in the apartment, which will definitely save money! It is so much easier to use the internet, since I can just jump on when I have time, so I will try to call at least a couple times a week.  If you talk to Grandma and Grandpa please tell them that minutes go quickly so I may not be able to call every weekend even though I want to.  
My cell number is 011511992269807; you can call from your phone and we can talk as long as you wish, but it will charge  you and I can imagine it will be incredibly expensive.  But I will keep blogging and will let you know when I get my calling card.
Today we went to Cherrie's Cafe y Mas and ordered four desserts to share!  They were so yummy! And then we went to a fast food place and ate burgers with grilled sweet potatoes and red onions on them...it was great! 
The best news: we are hoping to start analyzing bones next week!!
I love you!!

1 comment:

  1. Roommate!!!!! I am so excited you are having such a great time!!!! I miss but i love your blog i am so glad you can keep us all up to date on your exciting adventures in peruvia:) I love you so so so so so so so so so much!! hope you have a great day tomorrow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete